Today, we will go over the easiest homemade caribbean way smoothie king recipe and we will show you what does caribbean way have in it .
On this page:
This Copy-Cat caribbean way smoothie king recipe made with bananas, strawberries , organic papaya blend and turbinado Sugar is a wonderful, healthy way to help your body to boost his own immune system . Additionally, this vegan dairy-free recipe is packed with fiber , antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and phytonutrient . It is the ideal snack or vacation beverage !
What is Smoothie King’s Caribbean Way ?
Caribbean Way from Smoothie King is a smoothie that contains bananas, strawberries (vitamin c) , papaya juice blend ( antioxidants ) and turbinado. It is made with whole and tasty ingredients designed to support your immune system with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients .
What does Caribbean Way have in it?
The Caribbean Way smoothie from Smoothie King is made with Bananas, Strawberries, Papaya Juice Blend, and Turbinado .
The nutrition facts of the Caribbean Way smoothie from Smoothie King for a 20 ounce serving are ( about 2 us cup ) :
- 390 calories
- 0.5g fat
- 96g carbs
- 2g protein
- 0g saturated fat
- 0mg cholesterol
- 4g fiber
- 84g sugar
- 50g added sugar
- 10mg sodium.
How much sugar ? and How many calories are in a Caribbean Way smoothie from Smoothie King ?
The Caribbean Way smoothie from Smoothie King contains (source smoothieking.com ):
- 84g of sugar and 50g of added sugar and 390 calories in a 20 ounce serving ( 591ml ) about 2 us cup .
- 126g of sugar and 76g of added sugar and 580 calories in a 32 ounce serving ( 946ml) .
- 168g of sugar and 101g of added sugar and 780 calories in a 40 ounce serving ( 1182ml ) .
Now do you want to make a Caribbean Way smoothie from Smoothie King ? Check out our homemade variation with less sugar on this popular beverage :
Homemade Caribbean Way Smoothie King Recipe
Ingredients And Why :
- Banana : Bananas are high in nutrients that give the body an energy boost. Furthermore, they provide natural sweetness without the need for added sugar, which is advantageous because an excess of refined carbs can cause inflammation and the destruction of collagen, a crucial protein in the body.
- Strawberry : Strawberries are a popular smoothie ingredient because they are naturally sweet, delicious, and versatile. They also include vitamin C, manganese, folate, and other vitamins and minerals. They also have a high water content, making them ideal for blending and creating a smooth texture. They also have a low sugar level and a high antioxidant value, making them a healthy and delightful addition to smoothies.
- Papaya : It gives a unique, tropical flavor and a natural sweetness to the smoothie . In addition, papaya is a great source of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C and vitamin A. These vitamins and minerals can strengthen the immune system and guard against cellular deterioration. Papaya also includes papain enzymes, which can speed up protein breakdown and aid in digestion.
- Turbinado Sugar : Adding Turbinado sugar to a smoothie can give a natural source of sweetness while also providing a slight caramel-like flavor. It is crucial to note , that ingesting too much added sugar can result in health issues such as weight gain, type 2 diabetes, and heart disease.
Recipe : (1 Servings )
- 1/2 Banana, frozen, sliced
- 1 cup diced Strawberries, frozen (about 120g)
- 1/2 cup Organic Papaya Blend (abouit 100ml)
- 2 tsp Turbinado Sugar
- 0.1 l Water
- 1/2 cup ice
I sprinkled 2 teaspoons turbinado sugar over the strawberries, then added a splash of water, mixed it up to make a syrup, and then added the rest of the ingredients and blended them together.
Nutritional values ( per serving) :
- Serving : 250ml or more
- Calories : 204 ;
- Protein : 2.7 ;
- Carbohydrates : 51.1g ;
- Dietary Fiber : 6.6g ;
- Total Sugars : 36.5g ;
- Total Fat : 0.7g ;
- Saturated Fat : 0.1g ;
- cholesterol : 0mg ;
- Sodium : 17mg ;
- Vitamin D : 0mcg ;
- Calcium : 70mg ;
- Iron :1mg ;
- Potassium : 769mg ;
Image by Racool_studio on Freepik
Can You Drink Smoothie King The Next Day ?
The short answer is Yes !! It is possible to drink a Smoothie King smoothie the next day if it is stored properly in the refrigerator and consumed within 24 hours. However, it is important to use the proper sized container and minimize the amount of surface area exposed to air to prevent oxidation and ensure freshness.
It is also recommended to check the appearance and smell of the smoothie before consuming it, if it smells off or looks dark brown, it should not be consumed.
Some tips for storing smoothie :
- Use a glass container with airtight lid to keep the smoothie fresh.
- Make sure to fill the container completely to avoid trapping air which can cause oxidation.
- Keep the container tightly closed and store it in the refrigerator.
- As an additional step, you can add lemon juice to the smoothie to keep the nutrients fresh for longer ( vitamin C can aid stop oxidation ).
Homemade Caribbean Way Smoothie King
- 1/2 Banana frozen, sliced
- 1 cup diced Strawberries frozen (about 120g)
- 1/2 cup Organic Papaya Blend abouit 100ml
- 2 tsp Turbinado Sugar
- 0.1 l Water
- 1/2 cup ice
- I sprinkled 2 teaspoons turbinado sugar over the strawberries, then added a splash of water, mixed it up to make a syrup, and then added the rest of the ingredients and blended them together.
Credits section :
Featured image credit : Image by Racool_studio on Freepik
Recipe Source : smoothieking.com
Disclaimer : This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. smoothiesjuice.com does not claim responsibility for this information.