Did you know that Cilantro can protects against oxidative stress , lowers blood sugar levels , settles digestive upset ,protects against cardiovascular disease , rids the body of heavy metals ,supports healthy menstrual function , soothes skin irritations and lowers anxiety and improves sleep…
Have you ever tried a vegan smoothie recipe with cilantro ? Today we will go over the Cilantro smoothie recipe . You will find the recipe below .
On this page:
Here is a delicious recipe, quickly and easy made in 5 minutes:
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro
- 1 chicory
- 1 banana
- 1 apple
- 1 orange
- Half a tsp of spirulina
- Half a tsp of wheatgrass powder
- 0,3l of water
Have you ever tried Cilantro in smoothies? What was your recipe?
Cilantro (Coriandrum sativum L) is a member of the Apiaceae family, which includes carrots, celery, and parsley among its 3,700 members.Although all parts of the plant are edible, the fresh leaves and dried seeds are the most widely used in cooking.Cilantro has long been a part of international cuisine.It has a lot of antioxidants.When cilantro is used to flavor food, it may encourage consumers to use less salt and eat less sodium.
Cilantro Nutrition Facts :
One cup of raw cilantro weighing about 16 grams (g) provides:
- 3.68 calories
- 0.083 grams (g) of fat
- 0.587 g of carbs
- 0.341 g of protein
Cilantro also contains vitamins C, provitamin A, and K, as well as trace amounts of the following:
Cilantro Benefits :
There are some facts to health benefits of cilantro :
- It protects against oxidative stress
- It lowers blood sugar levels
- It settles digestive upset
- It protects against cardiovascular disease
- It rids the body of heavy metals
- It supports healthy menstrual function
- It soothes skin irritations
- It lowers anxiety and improves sleep
Cilantro Selection :
- Select cilantro bunches that are brightly colored with fresh, fragrant leaves. To make sure you’re not buying a bunch of parsley, give it a quick sniff to check for its distinctive aroma.
- Avoid bunches with wilted, yellowed or blackened leaves.
Cilantro Storage :
- Like most fresh herbs, cilantro is very perishable. For short-term storage, refrigerate in a resealable plastic bag with 2 to 3 layers of paper towels for several days.
- For longer storage, place the cilantro bunch in a container of water like a bouquet of flowers. Cover the top loosely with a plastic bag. Refrigerate up to 1 week, changing the water in the container every 2 days .